Call 206-706-2831 for a Free No Hassle Consultation About Your DUI Seattle Case Now.
- A DUI conviction can affect you and your family in many ways, including license suspension, fines, higher insurance rates, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device, and jail time.
The officer who stopped me for DUI punched a hole in my driver's license. Was my license suspended immediately after I was stopped for DUI?
No. The paperwork the officer gave you is your notice of the Department of Licensing's intent to suspend, revoke, or deny your license, permit, or privilege to drive.
You have every right to challenge this suspension with the DOL, but you must remember that you only have 20 days from the date of arrest to request an administrative hearing. Even if you have not received information regarding a criminal case against you, it is important that you invoke your right to challenge the DOL's intended license suspension. It is recommended that you contact a DUI Attorney immediately to discuss your options.
After requesting your hearing with the DOL, you will be notified by mail of the date and time of your administrative hearing. There is no physical location for your hearing. Rather, DOL administrative hearings are done over the telephone. A Hearing Officer, who is a Department of Licensing employee with no prior involvement with your case, will conduct the hearing.
The Issues to be determined at your hearing are:
1. Whether you were under lawful arrest.
2. Whether an officer had reasonable grounds to believe you had been driving or was in actual physical control of a motor vehicle within this state while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, or whether an officer had reasonable grounds to believe you had been driving or was in actual physical control of a motor vehicle within this state while having alcohol in your system of 0.02 or more and were under the age of twenty-one.
3. Whether you were advised of your rights and warnings as required by RCW 46.20.308(2).
4. Whether you refused to submit to the test, or if the test was administered, whether the test indicated an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more if you were age twenty-one or over, or 0.02 or more if you were under twenty-one.
The Seattle DUI lawyers at Lovik & Juhl, PLLC are dedicated to helping people facing DUI charges throughout King County, including all King County District Courts and Municipal Courts in Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond, Kent, and all surrounding communities.
For most people charged with a DUI, it is their first contact with the legal system. Once you contact our Seattle DUI lawyers, we will take over your case and begin taking steps to defend you from day one.
Call An Experienced Seattle DUI Lawyer Now At 206-706-2831 for a Free No Hassle Consultation About Your Seattle DUI Case.